As a company soon launching an online mobile application-based professional social network platform and website for discovering high quality podcast, articles, videos, we have created these terms of service (“Terms of Service”) that aims to help you understand what service we provide, what personal data we collect, what we use it for and how you can exercise your rights. Please read these Terms of Service carefully as they apply to your access of our website, and contain important information regarding your legal rights, remedies and obligations.
Updated on: 5 August 2019
1. WISER APP AB, reg.no. 559199-2788, a company incorporated and organised under the laws of Sweden, will soon launch an online mobile application-based professional social network platform for high quality content discovery amongst intellectually curious individuals, bearing the name “WISER”.
2. WISER is currently available free of charge. You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to WISER. WISER is intended as a social networking tool for intellectually curious people and is intended solely for persons who are over 18 or older. Any access to WISER by anyone under 18 is expressly prohibited. By accessing WISER, you represent and warrant that you are 18 or older. Account Registration
3. To become a member of WISER, you may sign up for a Preview by submitting your email address at www.joinwiser.com (the “Website”). For the avoidance of doubt, providing WISER with an email address does not guarantee a member account. Once your Preview application is approved, you are a member of WISER and may complete a member profile that is accessible through the WISER app.
4. We collect your email address when you apply for a Preview in WISER. This is done as part of the Membership application process on the Website. By providing us with your email address, you consent to our use, storage and processing of your email address for our legitimate interest in operating WISER, the Website and Wiser App AB’s business and for us to contact and respond to your request, and/or allow you access to our services. Your email address is only used to send you promotional messages, marketing, advertising, such as Wiser newsletters, and other information (including, but not limited to, information about Wiser or partner campaigns or services).
5. You can visit the Website without giving away any personal information. We use Google Analytics in order to improve our service, user experience and analyse how the website is used. Aside from the approximate location (IP addresses), the information collected by Google Analytics is mostly anonymous traffic data including browser information, device information, language. We do not collect additional information, such as your age, gender, interests, bank details or clickstream. The collected information is used to provide an overview of how people are accessing and using the Website. It is not used for any additional purpose, such as to profile those who access the Website.
6. When we collect information about you, we also make sure that your information is protected from unauthorized access, loss, manipulation, falsification, destruction and unauthorized disclosure. Wiser App AB will not share, sell, convey or otherwise disclose your personal data other than as stated herein, unless we are required to do so by law or you have given your explicit consent to do so.
7. We may engage third party service providers to support WISER APP AB’s business, to provide website, application development, hosting, maintenance, virtual computing, storage services and other services for WISER APP AB. WISER APP AB provides personal data to these third party service providers to process it for WISER APP AB, based on WISER APP AB’s instructions, in compliance with these Terms of Service, in accordance with data processing agreements, and other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
8. If you believe that the information we have about you is incorrect, you are welcome to contact us so we can update it and keep your data accurate. Any data that is no longer needed for the purposes specified herein will be deleted. If at any point you wish for us to delete information about you, you can simply contact us at [email protected]. You also have the right to request access to the information we have about you.
9. WISER APP AB is concerned with protecting your privacy and personal data, however, no method of transmission over the Internet or method of electronic storage is one hundred (100) percent secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on WISER, you can contact us at [email protected].
10. We reserve the right to change these Terms of Service from time to time and without prior written notice. We constantly review these Terms of Service and strive towards making it better. If we modify these Terms of Service, we will post it and make it available through the Website and indicate the date of the latest revision. If the changes are significant, WISER APP AB will provide a more prominent notice (including email notification).
11. These Terms of Service, and any non-contractual obligations arising in relation hereto, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the substantive laws of Sweden, without regard to its conflict of law rules and principles.
12. Any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of or in connection with these Terms of Service, or the breach, termination or invalidity thereof, shall be finally settled by arbitration in accordance with the Rules for Expedited Arbitrations of the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (the “Institute”), unless the Institute, taking into account the complexity of the case, the amount in dispute and other circumstances, determines, in its discretion, that the Rules of the Institute shall apply. In the latter case, the Institute shall also decide whether the arbitral tribunal shall be composed of one (1) or three (3) arbitrators, to be appointed by the Institute. The place of arbitration shall be Stockholm, Sweden. The arbitral proceedings shall be conducted in the English language.